Thursday, September 24, 2015

Conferencing

I found the conferencing time during review to be very helpful with revising my paper and better understanding the assignment and how I should structure my own writing. The conference was useful because being able to talk face to face and ask questions about criticisms of the paper was very valuable in helping me understand how to improve. I would personally prefer individual conferences to group conferences because being able to ask questions specific to my paper would be more helpful than having to try and apply a broad question from someone else to my own writing. Overall I felt that conferences are valuable to learning because they allow us as students to help advocate for our own learning in a more specific environment.

I found the comments on the draft to be helpful, although not as helpful as the conference. The comments on the draft were a good resource to fall back on where my notes over our talk were lacking or invomplete. The comments on the draft also provided more specific examples of what I could recognize in my own writing which again helped me to learn more about myself and identify the patterns in my writing. Overall, the comments were definitely helpful, but I feel that they could be easily dropped from the draft of we were given longer conferencing time. This is because the comments also helped to guide the conversation during the conference so we would need more time to find all the issues, and also because the comments were a good source to reflect on in addition to my notes, but more conference time would allow me to take more complete notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment